Global 3D cell culture market is expected to reach USD 3,143.21 Million by 2026 at a CAGR of 22.2% during the forecast period 2019-2026. Growing instances of cancer and rise in demand for organ transplantation are the two factors which may propel the growth of the 3D cell culture market.
3D cell culture is defined as an in vitro technique where cells are grown in an artificially created environment, which is quite similar to in vivo environment. This technique pushes normal cell to differentiate, proliferate, and migrate by interacting with their three-dimensional surroundings. It is, thus, a controlled simulated environment outside of a living organism, wherein cells are allowed to grow and migrate by interacting within their habitat. 3D cell culture has more tissue divergence and cell cohesion properties.
- The base year for the study has been considered 2018, historic year 2016 and 2017 and the forecast period considered is from 2019 to 2026. The 3D cell culture market is analysed on the basis of value (USD Million).
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global 3D cell culture market by product, application, end user and regions.
- The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2019 to 2026.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used in order to recognize the competitive scenario in the 3D cell culture market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the 3D cell culture market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of product, application, end user and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the 3D cell culture market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, industry analysis, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial analysis.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
Global 3D Cell Culture Market Key Findings:
All the segments have been analysed on global, regional and country basis. The study includes the analysis of more than 30 countries for each segment.
The 3D cell culture market is segmented on the basis of product, application and end user.
- The product segment is classified as scaffold-based 3D cell culture, scaffold-free 3D cell culture, microfluidics-based 3D cell culture, and magnetic levitation & 3D bioprinting. The scaffold-based 3D cell culture segment is dominating the market with the highest share of 47.20% in 2018. The high growth in this segment is attributed to the ability of scaffold-based products to mimic in vivo conditions, thus driving their adoption among end users.
- The end user segment is divided into segments such as pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies and research institutes. The pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment is dominating the market and valued around USD 378.29 Million. The rising presence of a large number of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, rising R&D expenditure, and rising focus on alternative testing models instead of animal techniques are the key drivers for this end-user segment.
- The application segment includes cancer and stem cell research, drug discovery, toxicology testing and tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Cancer and stem cell research segment is dominating the market with the highest share of 50.90% in 2018 owing to the rising incidence of cancer and significant funding initiatives for cancer research from government as well as private organizations.
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The regions analysed for the market include North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. North America region dominated the global 3D cell culture market with USD 268.40 Million in 2018 where as the Asia Pacific is a rapidly growing region in the market.
- North America is dominating the market owing to the recent increase in investments in research and development and healthcare sector. Along with the investments, the positive support of the government has led to the escalation of the market of 3D cell culture.
- Asia Pacific is a rapidly growing region due to an increase in demand for drug discovery and increase in focus on the biotechnology industry. Moreover, low operating costs of industries & laboratory setups and rise in government investments for healthcare due to an increased risk of diseases such as cancer may boost the market growth. Various government organizations and private companies, and pharmaceutical and analytical instrumental companies have largely invested in the 3D cell culture projects to meet the demand of the novel drug discoveries and organs development.
Global 3D Cell Culture Market Competitive Analysis:
Key players in the 3D cell culture market are 3D Biotek, LLC, Advanced Biomatrix, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Corning Incorporated, Kuraray Co., Ltd., Lonza Group Ltd., Merck & Co., Inc., Synthecon, Incorporated, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., VWR Corporation, Global Cell Solutions, Inc., InSphero AG, Nanofiber Solutions, Tecan Trading AG, and among others. For instance, in 2014, Corning, Inc. extended its collaboration with ATCC for cell culture research. Through this move, the company will co-develop new applications for existing Corning and ATCC cellular biology products.
*All our reports are customizable as per customer requirements
This study forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels from 2016 to 2026. Fior Markets has segmented the global 3D cell culture market on the basis of below-mentioned segments:
Global 3D Cell Culture Market, By Product:
- Scaffold-Based 3D Cell Culture
- Hydrogels/ECM Analogs
- Solid Scaffolds
- Micropatterned Surfaces
- Scaffold-Free 3D Cell Culture
- Low-Adhesion Microplates
- Hanging Drop Plates
- 3D Bioreactors
- 3D Petri Dishes
- Scaffold-Free 3D Cell Culture
- Magnetic Levitation & 3D Bioprinting
Global 3D Cell Culture Market, By End User:
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Research Institutes
Global 3D Cell Culture Market, By Application:
- Cancer and Stem Cell Research
- Drug Discovery and Toxicology Testing
- Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
Global Antibiotics Market, By Regions: