Global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market is expected to reach USD 352.78 Million by 2026, at a CAGR of 3.01% from 2019 to 2026. Growing importance of enzymes in Bakery sector to provide numerous impart including excellent color texture, dough improvement and continued softness is driving the global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market.
Alpha-amylase is an enzyme that hydrolyzes starch into simple sugars. It is endoamylase. It randomly hydrolyzes the α-1, 4 linkages of starch, yielding low molecular-weight sugars and dextrins. It is optimally active at pH 5.3. Alpha-amylase is produced from fungal or bacterial fermentation. It is chiefly used in the bread-making process to increase volume, texture, and flavor, and to retard bread staling. Thus, the global increase in the demand for the bakery products coupled with its utilization in the production of animal feed, biofuels, sugar products, detergents, breweries and laboratory research is anticipated to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
- The base year for the study has been considered 2018, historic year 2016 and 2017 and, the forecast period considered is from 2019 to 2026. The global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market is analysed on the basis of Value (USD Million), Volume (Tons), Consumption (Tons), Imports (Tons) and Exports (Tons).
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market by source, application and regions. The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2019 to 2026.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used in order to recognize the competitive scenario in the global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the alpha-amylase baking enzyme market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of source, application and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the alpha-amylase baking enzyme market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, product offering, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial information.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
- Global increase demand for the bakery products
- Rising utilization in the production of animal feed, biofuels, sugar products, detergents, breweries
- Rising preference for the alternative protein hydrolysis enzymes such as xylanase, lipase, etc.
- Growing investment in the research and development activities
- Increasing demand for functional foods in the developing economies around the world
Global Alpha-Amylase Baking Enzyme Market Key Findings:
All the segments have been analyzed on global, regional and country basis. The study includes the analysis of more than 30 countries for each segment.
The global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market has been segmented on the basis of source, and application.
- The source segment is divided into fungi, bacteria and plant based enzymes. The bacteria segment is further subdivided into maltogenic, G4 and others. The bacteria segment dominated the market with an 81.28% share of market revenue in 2018. Quality of bacterial sources for high thermal stability as compared to other sources was the primary driving factor behind this impressive market share.
- The application segment includes breads, cookies & biscuits, desserts, and others. The breads segment is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 5.12% over the forecast period. Rising adoption of alpha-amylase baking enzyme in the dough making process for improving the dough quality is projected to drive this increased growth rate over the forecast period.
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The regions analyzed for the market include North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. The North America region emerged as the largest market for the alpha-amylase baking enzyme with a 39.28% share of market revenue in 2018.
- Presence of well-established bread making and baking industry has been the principle booster for the North America region to lead the global demand for the alpha-amylase baking enzyme in 2018. The region is also a home to a major bread processors which include Sara Lee Corporation, Private Label, and Nature’s Own.
- The Asia Pacific region is projected to grow at an accelerated CAGR of 5.26% over the forecast period. Exponential rise in the demand for the bakery products, growing foreign investment in the food and beverages industry coupled with a regulatory support are some of the factors that are anticipated to drive the demand for the alpha-amylase baking enzyme within the Asia Pacific region.
Global Alpha-Amylase Baking Enzyme Market Competitive Analysis:
Key players in the global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market are Novozymes A/S, DuPont, Royal DSM N.V., Puratos Group N.V., AB Enzymes, Specialty Enzymes, Dyadic International, Inc., Enmex, S.A., DE C.V., Boli Bioproducts, Aumgene Biosciences, Diversa Corporation, Valley Research, inc., Maps Enzymes, Shin Nihon Chemical, and Noor Enzyme among others. Lately alpha-amylase enzymes are being increasingly utilized in the production of ethanol. For instance in 2018, Diversa Corporation and Valley Research, inc. announced the commercial launch of “Ultra-Thin” enzyme, a new product designed to significantly improve the efficiency and economics of ethanol production. “Ultra-Thin” enzyme is a novel, next-generation alpha amylase enzyme designed to offer ethanol producers superior liquefaction performance.
*All our reports are customizable as per customer requirements
This study forecasts revenue and volume growth at global, regional, and country levels from 2016 to 2026. Fior Market Research has segmented the global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market on the basis of below mentioned segments:
Global Alpha-Amylase Baking Enzyme Market by Resin Source:
- Plant Based
Global Alpha-Amylase Baking Enzyme Market by Application:
- Cookies & Biscuits
Global Alpha-Amylase Baking Enzyme Market by Region:
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa