Global electrostatic chucks market is expected to reach USD 454.72 Million by 2026, at a CAGR of 5.40% from 2019 to 2026. The increase in demand and production of the semiconductor wafers is driving the global electrostatic chucks market.
The electrostatic chucks (ESC) is a tool that clamps an object with the force generated between the electrode and the object by applying a voltage to the electrode. It is used in a variety of semiconductor processes to hold the wafer during processing. Electrostatic chucks employ a platen with integral electrodes which are biased with high voltage to establish an electrostatic holding force between the platen and wafer, thereby chucking the wafer. The growing use of semiconductors for a variety of applications such as LED, medical devices, TVs, smartphones etc. is leading an increased production of semiconductor wafers, which in turn is boosting the global electrostatic chucks market.
- The base year for the study has been considered 2018, historic year 2016 and 2017 and, the forecast period considered is from 2019 to 2026. The global electrostatic chucks market is analysed on the basis of value (USD Million).
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global electrostatic chucks market by type, application and regions. The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2019 to 2026.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used in order to recognize the competitive scenario in the global electrostatic chucks market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the electrostatic chucks market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of type, application and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the electrostatic chucks market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, product offering, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial information.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
- Rapid pace of digitization in the developing economies
- Huge demand for the smartphones, LED lamps, TVs, computers etc.
- Advantages of electrostatic chucking over the mechanical chucking
- Volatility in the raw material prices
- Emerging technologies revolutionizing semiconductors industry
- Increasing demand for compound semiconductors in military, defense, and aerospace
- High cost associated with the electrostatic chucks
Global Electrostatic Chucks Market Key Findings:
All the segments have been analyzed on global, regional and country basis. The study includes the analysis of more than 30 countries for each segment.
The global electrostatic chucks market has been segmented on the basis of type and application.
- The type segment is divided into Coulomb-Fore electrostatic chuck and Johnsen-Rahbek force electrostatic chuck. The Coulomb-Fore electrostatic chuck segment led the global electrostatic chucks market with a 68.92% share of market revenue in 2018. This increased market share can be attributed to the ability of the Coulomb force type to support thin thickness of the wafer and re-bending wafer.
- The application segment is divided into semiconductor (LCD/CVD), wireless communications, electronics, medical devices, and others. The medical devices segment is anticipated to grow at an accelerated CAGR of 7.53% over the forecast period. Global increase in per capita health expenditure coupled with a rapid improvement in the standards of healthcare facilities in the Asia Pacific is generating a burgeoning demand for the medical devices. As a result, the medical devices segment is expected to propel the electrostatic chucks market during the forecast period.
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The regions analyzed for the market include North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. The Asia Pacific region emerged as the largest market for the electrostatic chucks with a 39.93% share of market revenue in 2018.
- Asia Pacific region has emerged as the global manufacturing hub for the semiconductors and electronics manufacturing. The region leads in the production as well as in consumption of the electronic consumer goods such as smartphones, TVs, LED lamps etc. This huge increase in production of the semiconductor wafers led the Asia Pacific region to dominate the global electrostatic chucks market in 2018.
- On account of its well-developed electronics and medical devices manufacturing industry, the North America region held a significant share of market revenue in 2018.
Global Electrostatic Chucks Market Competitive Analysis:
Key players in the global electrostatic chucks market are Shinko, NGK Insulators Ltd (FM Industries Inc.), NTK Ceratec Co. Ltd, II-VI M Cubed, Tsukubaseiko Co. Ltd, Kyocera Corporation, Protec, Toto Ltd., Semco Technology (Semco Group TM), Coorstek Inc, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Welch Ally, American Diagnostic Corporation, Orlvision GMBH, Heine USA LTD, Rudolf Riester GMBH (subsidary of halma plc), Luxamed, Sync Vision, Kirchner & Wilhelm GMBH +CO. KG, Cupris Health Ltd. among others. In order to effectively compete in the market and increase their market share, major firms are focusing on ramping up their production capacities. For instance in 2018, the Shinko announced the decision to increase production of ceramic electrostatic chucks at its Arai plant located in Japan.
*All our reports are customizable as per customer requirements
This study forecasts revenue and volume growth at global, regional, and country levels from 2016 to 2026. Fior Markets has segmented the global electrostatic chucks market on the basis of below mentioned segments:
Global Electrostatic Chucks Market by Type:
- Coulomb-Fore Electrostatic Chuck
- Johnsen-Rahbek Force Electrostatic Chuck
Global Electrostatic Chucks Market by Application
- Semiconductor (LCD/CVD)
- Wireless Communications
- Medical Devices
Global Electrostatic Chucks Market by Region:
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa