Global bottled water processing market is expected to reach USD 420.9 Billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 10.51% during the forecast period from 2018-2025. Increase in health concerns has subsequently led to increased consumption of bottled water which has fuelled the growth of the market. Also, the increase in per capita spending and rapid urbanization is another key driver of the market.
Bottled water is defined as the processed and packaged water which is made suitable for consumption. Governments establish the standards for checking the quality of drinking water concerning international standards. These standards mainly emphasize on minimum and maximum concentrations of minerals, TSS, etc. All the water processing units should be properly licensed and certified by the regulations and norms given by the government. The newest trend of fortifying water with vitamins and electrolyte is being followed to revitalize the body. The process of desalination of ocean/sea water in which the salt is removed from water has gained high importance in the regions where there is a lack of fresh water For instance, in April 2017, Danone (US) launched Mizone, a premium bottled water brand in China and marketed its products in partnership with regional celebrities and key social influencers.
- The base year for the study has been considered 2017, the historic year 2015 and 2016 and, the forecast period considered is from 2018 to 2025. The bottled water processing market is analyzed by value (USD Billion) and volume (Million Gallons).
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of the global bottled water processing market by product type, packaging material, equipment, technology, and regions.
- The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2018 to 2025.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used to recognize the competitive scenario in the global bottled water processing market. This report incorporates the Technology analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the bottled water processing market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of packaging material, product type, equipment, technology and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the Bottled Water Processing market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, Resources offering, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial information.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
- Constant growth in the purity requirements of the beverages sector
- Increased adoption of bottled water
- Increase in health concerns has subsequently led to the increased consumption of bottled water which has further added fuel in the growth of the market
- Rise in per capita spending and rapid urbanization
- Strict regulatory compliances concerning the environment
- The waste created by bottled water in the form of plastic is a major concern for many environmentalists
- Shortage of energy increases operational cost for the bottled water processing industry
- The government provides funds for SMEs
- Bottled water processors need after-sales services to augment operational efficiencies
- A high amount of capital investments is required in setting up a new facility
Global Bottled Water Processing Market Key Findings:
All the segments have been analyzed on global, regional and country basis. The study includes an analysis of more than 30 countries for each segment.
The bottled water processing market is segmented by packaging material, product type, equipment, and technology.
- The packaging material segment is classified into plastic, glass, and others. The plastic segment is dominating the bottled water processing market and valued with USD 88.54 Billion in 2017. Plastics exhibits various characteristics such as durability, safety, hygiene, and lightness of weight which have increased the popularity of plastic bottles.
- Product type segment is divided into segments such as still water and sparkling water. Sparkling water segment is growing with the highest CAGR of 12.6% in the forecast period. It is expected to experience a noteworthy growth due to the growing demand for alternatives for carbonated beverages.
- The equipment segment includes filters, bottle washers, fillers & cappers, blow molders, shrink wrappers and others. The filters segment is dominating the market and valued around USD 54.67 Billion in 2017. Filters are mainly used for the removal of visible particles and for removing the microorganisms from potable water.
- The technology segment includes Ion exchange and demineralization, disinfection, filtration, and packaging. The filtration process segment is dominating with the highest share of 39.20% in 2017. The filtration process is one of the techniques used for the purification and desalination of water. The major membrane filtration techniques used for processing bottled water includes microfiltration (MF), ultrafiltration (UF) and nanofiltration (NF).
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The regions analyzed for the market include North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa. Asia Pacific region dominated the global bottled water processing market with USD 79.08 Billion in 2017 whereas the North America region held the second dominant position in the market.
- The Asia Pacific region is dominating due to growing population coupled with rapid urbanization in countries such as India, China, Indonesia, and Malaysia which is likely to be the key driver for the market
- North America is growing rapidly due to increasing health concerns and rising disposable income of consumers in the region
Global Bottled Water Processing Market Competitive Analysis:
Key players in the bottled water processing market are Pall Corporation, Dow Chemical Co., Velocity Equipment Solutions Inc., Liquid Packaging Solutions Inc., General Electric, Seychelles Environmental Technologies, Inc., Norland International Inc., and Axeon Water Technologies. For instance, in February 2017, PepsiCo (US) launched a premium bottled water brand LIFEWTR, a purified water bottle that has a balanced pH with electrolytes added for taste. The company also launched bottled water with abstract designs for women on its bottled water Series 2.
This study forecasts revenue and volume growth at global, regional, and country levels from 2015 to 2025. Fior Market Research has segmented the global bottled water processing market by below-mentioned segments:
Global Bottled Water Processing Market, By Packaging Material:
Global Bottled Water Processing Market, By Product Type:
- Still Water
- Unflavored Still Water
- Still Flavored Water
- Sparkling Water
- Unflavored Sparkling Water
- Sparkling Flavored Water
Global Bottled Water Processing Market, By Equipment:
- Bottle Washers
- Fillers & Cappers
- Blow Molders
- Shrink Wrappers
Global Bottled Water Processing Market, By Technology:
- Ion Exchange and Demineralisation
- Ion Exchange (Ix)
- Reverse Osmosis (Ro) and Electrodialysis
- Membrane Filtration
Global Bottled Water Processing Market, By Regions:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- The Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of The Middle East and Africa
*All our reports are customizable as per customer requirements