Global peritoneal dialysis market is expected to reach USD 6.18 Billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period 2019-2026. Growing number of ESRD patients and increase in cases of diabetes & hypertension are the two factors which may propel growth of the peritoneal dialysis market.
Dialysis is defined as the process of cleaning the blood in case of kidney failure or improper functioning of kidneys. There are two types of dialysis; hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. Hemodialysis includes pumping out of the blood to an artificial kidney system and returning it back to the body with the help of tubing accessories. Peritoneal dialysis involves cleansing of blood along with removal of extra fluids by utilizing body’s natural filter, the peritoneal membrane. Peritoneal membrane is the lining that surrounds the abdominal cavity comprising spleen, stomach, liver and intestines.
- The base year for the study has been considered 2018, historic year 2016 and 2017 and the forecast period considered is from 2019 to 2026. The peritoneal dialysis market is analysed on the basis of value (USD Billion).
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global peritoneal dialysis market by treatment type, end user, product type and regions.
- The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2019 to 2026.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used in order to recognize the competitive scenario in the peritoneal dialysis market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the peritoneal dialysis market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of treatment type, end user, product type and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the peritoneal dialysis market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, industry analysis, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial analysis.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
- Growing number of ESRD patients
- Increase in cases of diabetes & hypertension
- Advantages of peritoneal dialysis over hemodialysis
- Lack of demand in underdeveloped countries
- Growing demand for home peritoneal dialysis treatment
- Better opportunities in the emerging markets
- Complications associated with peritoneal dialysis
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market Key Findings:
All the segments have been analysed on global, regional and country basis. The study includes the analysis of more than 30 countries for each segment.
The peritoneal dialysis market is segmented on the basis of treatment type, end user and product type.
- The treatment type segment is classified into Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) and Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD). The Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) segment is dominating the market with the highest share of 59.90% in 2018 due to its low cost, portability, and freedom from machines.
- The product type segment is divided into segments such as peritoneal dialysis solution, device, peritoneal dialysis set, catheter and others. The peritoneal dialysis solution segment is dominating the market and valued around USD 1.35 Billion. Peritoneal dialysis solution is important feature in every PD procedure as solutions are required for the exchange of fluid when the kidney is not functioning effectively.
- End user segment includes home-based dialysis and dialysis centre & hospital based dialysis. The dialysis centre & hospital based dialysis segment is dominating the market with the highest share of 61.30% in 2018. Hemodialysis can be done in a hospital, in a dialysis center that is not part of a hospital or at home. It depends on the patient’s condition and doctor’s advice. In a dialysis center, hemodialysis is usually done 3 times per week for about 4 hours at a time. People who choose to do hemodialysis at home may do dialysis treatment more frequently, 4-7 times per week for shorter hours each time.
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The regions analysed for the market include North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. North America region dominated the global peritoneal dialysis market with USD 1.42 Billion in 2018 where as the Asia Pacific is a rapidly growing region in the market.
- North America is dominating the market. This dominance is due to better healthcare infrastructure and high expenditure on healthcare. Rising awareness and high accessibility to the products and services in these regions is another important growth factor.
- Asia Pacific is a rapidly growing region due to high population base, development in healthcare infrastructure, increasing number of cases of end stage renal disease (ESRD), growth in demand for home dialysis treatment, and increase in demand for advanced PD devices.
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market Competitive Analysis:
Key players in the peritoneal dialysis market are Baxter International Inc., Cook Inc., Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA, Medionics International, Inc., Medtronic Plc., Newsol Technologies Inc., Poly Medicure Limited, Renax Biomedical Tech. Co., Ltd., Terumo Corp., Utah Medical Products, Inc., and among others.
*All our reports are customizable as per customer requirements
This study forecasts revenue growth and volume at global, regional, and country levels from 2016 to 2026. Fior Market Research has segmented the global peritoneal dialysis market on the basis of below mentioned segments:
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market, By Treatment Type:
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD)
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market, By Product Type:
- Peritoneal Dialysis Solution
- Peritoneal Dialysis Set
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market, By End User:
- Home-Based Dialysis
- Dialysis Center & Hospital Based Dialysis
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market, By Regions: