Global polyamide-imide resin market is expected to reach USD 918.39 Million by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.86% from 2019 to 2026. Growing demand from the end user industries such as automotive, aerospace, electrical & electronics as well as oil & gas is driving the global polyamide-imide resin market.
Polyamide-imides (PAIs) are thermoplastic amorphous polymers obtained by the condensation of an aromatic diamine, such as methylene diamine, and an anhydride, such as trimellitic acid chloride. These resins exhibit outstanding thermal, mechanical, and chemical properties and are often the best choice for demanding applications where very high mechanical strength, stiffness and low friction in combination with high temperature, corrosion, and wear resistance is required. Polyamide-imides are widely used as wire coatings in making magnet wire. On account of these superior properties, polyamide-imides are extensively utilized in different end user industries such as aerospace, automotive, electrical & electronics, and oil & gas. Thus, superior properties of polyamide-imide resins along with the rising replacement of conventional materials by polyamide-imide resins are expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
- The base year for the study has been considered 2018, historic year 2016 and 2017 and, the forecast period considered is from 2019 to 2026. The global polyamide-imide resin market is analysed on the basis of value (USD Million) volume (Kilotons), consumption (Kilotons), imports (Kilotons) and exports (Kilotons).
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global polyamide-imide resin market by type, end user industry and regions. The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2019 to 2026.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used in order to recognize the competitive scenario in the global polyamide-imide resin market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the Polyamide-imide Resin market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of type, end user industry and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the polyamide-imide resin market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, product offering, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial information.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
- Superior properties of polyamide-imide resins
- Growing replacement of conventional materials by polyamide-imide resins
- Competition From Hybrid Polymers and Composites
- Volatility in the raw material prices
- Potential application in the electric vehicles
- Increasing demand from the Asia Pacific region
- High cost associated with the polyamide-imide resins
Global Polyamide-imide Resin Market Key Findings:
All the segments have been analyzed on global, regional and country basis. The study includes the analysis of more than 30 countries for each segment.
The global polyamide-imide resin market has been segmented on the basis of type, and end user industry.
- The type segment is divided into unfilled, glass-filled, carbon-filled, others. The glass filled segment is anticipated to grow at an accelerated CAGR of 8.92% over the forecast period. This increase in growth rate can be attributed to the fact that the addition of glass fiber to polyamide-imide resins helps in expanding the flexural modulus of polyamide-imide resins while reducing their rate of expansion.
- The end user industry segment is categorized into automotive, aerospace, electrical & electronics, oil & gas and others. The automotive segment emerged as the leader in the global polyamide-imide resin market with a market share of 38.73% in 2018. Due to their high mechanical strength, and low creep, fatigue and wear combined with outstanding chemical properties, the polyamide-imide resin are extensively utilized in the automotive for producing molded or machined parts such as non-lubricating bearings, seals, bushings, pistons, gears, and thrust washers.
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The regions analyzed for the market include North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. The Asia Pacific region emerged as the largest market for the polyamide-imide resin with a 39.94% share of market revenue in 2018.
- Burgeoning demand for the polyamide-imide resin from the well-developed automotive aerospace, electrical & electronics, and textile industries led the Asia Pacific region to lead the global polyamide-imide resin market in 2018.
- The Europe region also accounted for a significant share of global polyamide-imide resin market in 2018. Rising replacement of traditional materials in automotive industry with the polyamide-imide is turning out to be the primary driving factor for this increased demand.
Global Polyamide-imide Resin Market Competitive Analysis:
Key players in the global polyamide-imide resin market are Innotek Technology Ltd., Axalta Coating Systems, LLC, Toyobo Co., Ltd., Nuplex Resins, LLC, Fujifilm, Hitachi Resins, LLC, Drake Plastics Ltd. Co., Mitsubishi Shoji, Solvay SA, Kermel, Elantas, Shanghai Songhan Plastics Technology Co., Ltd., Ensinger GmbH, Quadrant, Saint-Gobain and Kermel among others. Due to their superior mechanical and thermal properties, polyamide-imide resins have emerged as the material of choice in the aerospace industry. For instance in 2017, Solvay announced that its high-performance Torlon® polyamide-imide (PAI) enabled Performance Plastics Ltd., an advanced injection molder of precision engineered components, to innovate its new line of EnduroSharp™ Scraper Blades for aerospace maintenance applications. Torlon® PAI enabled these unique new tools to be tough enough to maintain their edge longer than blades molded from competitive polymers, but safe enough to remove challenging materials from delicate surfaces.
*All our reports are customizable as per customer requirements
This study forecasts revenue and volume growth at global, regional, and country levels from 2016 to 2026. Fior Markets has segmented the global polyamide-imide resin market on the basis of below mentioned segments:
Global Polyamide-imide Resin Market by Type:
Global Polyamide-imide Resin Market by End User Industry:
- Electrical & Electronics
- Oil & Gas
Global Polyamide-imide Resin Market by Region:
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa