Global polymer foam market is expected to reach USD 154.65 Billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.06% from 2019 to 2026. Growing utilization of polymer foam in the various industries such as packaging, furniture, bedding and demand for the lightweight fuel efficient cars is essentially driving the global polymer foam market.
Polymer foam in its simplest form is a mixture of solid and gas phases of a polymer. Polymer foams are obtained by incorporating gas into a solid phase resulting into smooth, fluid like material. This final product has polymer matrix with air tunnels acting like a porous structure. Polymeric foams are commonly used in structural applications due to the weight saving and stiffening capabilities they can offer in the design. These materials are extremely lightweight and versatile, corrosion resistant, highly durable, mildew resistant, and dermatologically-friendly. Thus, making them useful in various application industries. Growing demand for the polymeric foam materials from the automobile, shipping, and construction sector is expected to fuel the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- The base year for the study has been considered 2018, historic year 2016 and 2017 and, the forecast period considered is from 2019 to 2026. The global polymer foam market is analyzed on the basis of value (USD Billion), volume (Kilotons), consumption (Kilotons), imports and exports.
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global polymer foam market by type, application and regions. The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2019 to 2026.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used in order to recognize the competitive scenario in the global polymer foam market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the polymer foam market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of type, application and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the polymer foam market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, product offering, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial information.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
- Increasing demand from the construction sector
- Global demand for the lightweight fuel efficient cars
- Growing application in the wind energy sector
- Volatility in the raw material prices
- Development of biodegradable polymer foam
- Burgeoning demand from the Asia Pacific region
- Environmental concerns related to the polymer foam manufacturing process
Global Polymer Foam Market Key Findings:
All the segments have been analyzed on global, regional and country basis. The study includes the analysis of more than 30 countries for each segment.
The global polymer foam market has been segmented on the basis of type and application.
- The type segment is divided into polyurethane, polystyrene, PVC, phenolic, polyolefin, melamine, and others. The polyurethane foam segment led the global polymer foam market with a 53.92% share of market revenue in 2018. This increased market share can be attributed to the widespread utilization of polyurethane foam in various sectors due to its superior lightweight, low heat and sound transfer, high-energy dissipation, and insulation properties.
- The application segment contains packaging, building & constructions, furniture & bedding, automotive, rail, wind, marine, and others. The automotive segment is anticipated to grow at an accelerated CAGR of 6.12% over the forecast period. Polymer foams are increasingly being used in various automotive components, such as seats, dashboards, power trains, and suspension bushings. Thus, global increase in demand for the automobiles is projected to positively impact the demand for the polymer foam over the forecast period.
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The regions analyzed for the market include North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. The Asia Pacific region emerged as the largest market for the polymer foam with a 40.28% share of market revenue in 2018.
- Huge ongoing construction activities in the residential and commercial sectors along with rising demand for the automobiles are generating a huge demand for the polymer foams. As a result, the Asia Pacific region dominated the global polymer foam market in 2018.
- North America also held a robust share of the global polymer foam market in 2018. The growth within the region is being led by the growing demand for the polymer foam from the wind energy, construction and automotive sector in the US.
Global Polymer Foam Market Competitive Analysis:
Key players in the global polymer foam market are Arkema Group, Armacell International S.A., BASF SE, Borealis AG, Fritz Nauer AG, Koepp Schaum GmbH, JSP Corporation, Polymer Technologies, Inc., Recticel NV, Rogers Corporation, Sekisui Alveo AG, Synthos S.A., Bayer AG, Covestro, DowDuPont, Inc., Trelleborg AB, Zotefoams plc, Woodbridge Foam Corporation, and Sealed Air Corporation among others. In order to comply with stringent environmental regulation imposed on the polyurethane foam industry, major players are focusing on launching newer ecofriendly products. For instance in 2017, Addivant™ launched NAUGARD® FOAMPLUS, new ultra-low emissive antioxidant solutions for flexible polyurethane foams in automotive applications. NAUGARD® FOAMPLUS LE portfolio comprises ultra-low emissive stabilization packages enabling the entire value chain to be compliant with the ever-stricter national legislations on vehicle indoor air quality (VIAQ).
*All our reports are customizable as per customer requirements
This study forecasts revenue and volume growth at global, regional, and country levels from 2016 to 2026. Fior Market Research has segmented the global polymer foam market on the basis of below mentioned segments:
Global Polymer Foam Market by Type:
Global Polymer Foam Market by Application:
- Building & Constructions
- Furniture & Bedding
Global Polymer Foam Market by Region:
- North America
- South America
- Middle East and Africa