Global sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market is expected to reach USD 84.81 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 11.54% from 2019 to 2026. The key contributing factors for the market growth are increasing occurrence of sexually transmitted diseases, implementation of national screening programs, and supporting reimbursement for sexually transmitted diseases (STD) testing.
The sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) denotes to a varied clinical syndromes and infections initiated by pathogens that can be developed and spread through sexual activity. The STDs are detected through various tests such as physical examination or assays, rapid plasma reagin test, or antibody-absorption blood test. The STDs occurrences are increasingly globally as well as increasing governmental initiatives for STD screening programs has increased the growth rate of the market. For instance, in 2016, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stated that U.S. reported 1,598,354 cases of Chlamydia trachomatis infection and 468,514 gonorrhea cases. This increasing occurrence of STDs is due to the insecure sexual practices that has in turn driven the STDs treatment demand.
- The base year for the study has been considered 2018, historic year 2016 and 2017, the forecast period considered is from 2019 to 2026. The global sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market is analysed on the basis of Value (USD Million)
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market by disease type, therapy type, testing devices, route of administration, distribution channels, and regions.
- The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2019 to 2026.
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used in order to recognize the competitive scenario in the global sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market.
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of disease type, therapy type, testing devices, route of administration, distribution channels, and regions which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market.
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, product offering, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial information.
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases.
Global Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Treatment Market Key Findings:
All the segments have been analysed on global, regional and country basis. The study includes the analysis of more than 30 countries for each segment.
The sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market is segmented on the basis of disease type, therapy type, testing devices, route of administration, and distribution channels.
- Disease type segment includes gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, herpes simplex virus, hepatitis B virus (HBV), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and other. The chlamydia segment registered the largest market share of 22.04% in the year 2018 due to the increasing cases of chlamydia globally and growing rate of chlamydia screening.
- Therapy type segment covers anti-bacterial drugs, anti-viral drugs, and anti-fungal drugs. The anti-bacterial drugs segment is anticipated to grow with the highest CAGR of 12.82% during the forecast period. The moderately priced drug and increasing consumption of anti-bacterial drugs to treat certain kinds of bacterial infections has increased the anti-bacterial drugs segment size.
- Testing devices segment is divided into instruments & systems and diagnostic kits. The instruments & systems segment is further divided into PCR, Immunochromatographic assays, flow cytometers, differential light scattering machines, and enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). The diagnostic kits segment further covers phone chips (microfluidics + ICT) and portable / bench top / rapid diagnostic kits. The instruments & systems segment valued around USD 18.53 billion in 2018 due to its increased use in hospitals and clinics in the STD treatments.
- Route of administration segment is categorized into oral, topical, injectable. The oral segment is anticipated to hold the highest market share of 34.49% over the forecast period owing to the ease of consuming orally and painless treatment method.
- Distribution channels segment consists of hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies. The online pharmacies segment accounted the highest market share of 35.39% in 2018 and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. This was attributed to the fact that online pharmacies are becoming a wider supply chain than hospitals and retail pharmacies. 12.62
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
The market is analysed on the basis of five regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East and Africa. North America region dominated the global sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market with USD 13.47 billion in 2018 where as the Asia Pacific region held the second dominant position in the market.
- North America is the leading region of the market due to the factors including increasing government initiative for disease awareness and implementation of prenatal screening programs, presence of major players, and rapid technological advancements.
- Asia Pacific is growing at a rapid growth rate due to the increasing incidence of sexually transmitted infections, increasing labs and testing centers for unreached patients in rural areas, and increasing government awareness for reducing the accidents of vehicles are creating opportunity for the growth of the market.
Global Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Treatment Market Competitive Analysis:
Key players in the sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market are Merck & Co. Inc., Pfizer Inc, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Gilead Sciences Inc., AbbVie Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Company, Abbott Laboratories, Hologic, Inc., Cepheid Inc., DiaSorin Inc., Becton Dickinson And Company, and others. The Merck & Co. Inc., Pfizer Inc, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, and Gilead Sciences Inc. are the top leading players of the market. For instance, in 2018, Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. signed an agreement with ApolloBio Corp. for the exclusive rights for development, manufacturing, and commercialization of VGX – 3100, Inovio’s DNA immunotherapy product. This product is used for pre-cancer indication.
*All our reports are customizable as per customer requirements
This study forecasts revenue and volume growth at global, regional, and country levels from 2016 to 2026. Fior Markets has segmented the global sexually transmitted diseases (STD) treatment market on the basis of below mentioned segments:
Global Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Treatment Market, By Disease Type:
- Herpes Simplex Virus
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
Global Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Treatment Market, By Therapy Type:
- Anti-Bacterial Drugs
- Anti-Viral Drugs
- Anti-Fungal Drugs
Global Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Treatment Market, By Testing Devices:
- Instruments & Systems
- Immunochromatographic assays
- Flow Cytometers
- Differential Light Scattering machines
- Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Diagnostic Kits
- Phone Chips (Microfluidics + ICT)
- Portable / Bench Top / Rapid Diagnostic Kits
Global Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Treatment Market, By Route of Administration:
Global Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Treatment Market, By Distribution Channels:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Treatment Market, By Regions: